Houses ◊ Plexes ◊ Apartments
If applicant requires any assistance (Reasonable Accommodations) in the application process, please advise the Landlord.
Port Town Property Management provides equal housing opportunities in accordance with Federal & Local Fair Housing Acts.
1. Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit. A bedroom is defined as a space within the premises that is used primarily for sleeping with at least one window, heat, & a closet space for clothing.
2. Maximum occupancy is two persons per bedroom (plus one additional person for the unit).
1. Select the unit.
2. Complete the Port Town PM Rental Application (one for each applicant of legal age).
3. All applicants must show one piece of current I.D. (one with a photo).
4. Pay the non-refundable application fee of $55.00 for each applicant. (Please pay with check, cashiers check, money order or online; no cash please)
5. Allow 5 business days for the screening/approval process.
6. If the application is approved & you accept an available unit, you will be required to:
a). Within 24 hours of approval notification (or on a business day) pay one-half of the security deposit to hold the unit. Upon move-in, the security hold deposit paid will be applied to your account. Failure to move in will result in forfeiture of the security hold deposit.
b). Sign the Port Town PM Rental Agreement in which you agree to abide by all the rules & regulations.
c). Pay the balance of your move-in costs (security deposit, pet deposit if applicable, & first month's pro-rated rent; last month's rent may be applicable).
APPLICATION APPROVAL PROCESS:
1. Total household monthly income must be 3 times the monthly stated rent.
2. Applicants must have at least six months of steady income (includes all sources). All income must be legally obtained & verifiable.
3. Self-employed applicants will be required to show proof of income through the previous &/or current year's tax returns or bank statements.
4. A credit report will be obtained:
a). 10 or more collections reported will result in denial;
b). A FICO score of 700 or below may result in denial or an additional security deposit required.
c). Outstanding bad debt (i.e. slow pay, collections, bankruptcies, repossessions, liens, judgments, wage garnishments) which are more than $1,000.00 will result in a denial. Bankruptcies filed within 10 years from the date of application will result in a denial.
5. Landlord shall conduct a search of public records to determine whether an applicant or any proposed tenant has been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or no contest to any crime within the previous seven years. Currently registered sex offenders will be denied. A conviction, guilty plea, or no contest plea to any felony, or any misdemeanor involving theft, dishonesty, arson, assault, intimidation, drugs, pornography, sex crimes, child sex crimes or weapons charge shall be grounds for & will result in denial of the rental application. Open criminal cases or outstanding warrants in the above categories will require the application to be held until a final resolution is made by the courts.
6. The applicant shall not have been evicted from any rental housing at any time during the past seven years.
7. One year of verifiable rental history from a third-party landlord is required. Applicants must list complete & accurate information regarding current landlord & at least one previous verifiable landlord reference, & phone number. An incomplete application will be returned to the applicant & will result in a denial. Negative rental reference will result in a denial.
8. Homeownership is verified through the county tax assessor. Mortgage payments must be current. If a mortgage has a past due balance, the security deposit may be increased. Homeownership negotiated through a land sales contract is verified through the contract holder.
9. Rental history demonstrating noise or other disturbance complaints or violations of the rental agreement or state law or if the applicant's former landlord would not re-rent to the applicant will result in a denial.
10. Applicant's receipt of three or more notices for non-payment of rent within a period of 12 months will result in a denial. Property debt will result in a denial.
11. Two or more NSF checks within a period of 12 months will result in a denial.
12. Exceptions for #8 and #9 may be made for applicants with qualified co-signers or an increased security deposit.
13. Denied applications may be reinstated after six months, & must re-apply & qualify per Port Town Property Management’s current rental criteria.
1. Established credit will be required. A FICO score of 750 or above satisfies co-signer requirements.
2. Co-signers that do not fulfill the above requirements must provide the following:
a). Homeownership is preferred but will consider with long-standing positive rental history.
b). Must have an income of at LEAST 3 times the monthly stated rent amount & must provide proof of income (i.e. paystub, bank statement, tax return, etc.).
DISABLED ACCESSIBILITY: Port Town PM allows existing premises to be modified at the full expense of the disabled person, if a disabled person agrees to restore the premises to the pre-modified condition per Fair Housing guidelines & complies with specific requirements & security deposits.
1. A person requesting a reasonable accommodation must make the request in writing for an exception, change, or adjustment to a rule, policy, practice, or service of a disability.
2. A housing provider may request reliable disability-related information that is necessary to verify that the person has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, describes the needed accommodations, & shows the relationship between the person's disability & the need for the requested accommodation.
If your application is denied due to an unfavorable credit report, you may:
1. Contact the credit reporting company at:
Equifax Information Services Experian (TRW) Trans Union
PO Box 105873 PO Box 2104 PO Box 1000
Atlanta, GA 30348-5873 Allen, TX 75013-2014 Chester, PA 19022
(800) 685-1111 (888) 397-3742 (800) 888-4213
2. Correct any misinformation as outlined by the credit reporting company.
3. Request a corrected report is sent to Port Town Property Management.
4. Upon receipt of a satisfactory, updated report, your application may be considered for the next available unit.
If your application is denied for reasons other than unfavorable credit, you may:
1. Submit a written explanation appealing your denial, within 14 days of receipt of the denial letter to: Port Town Property Management, 109 9th Street, Astoria, OR 97103.
2. Your application will be reviewed within 7 business days from the date your letter was received and you will be notified of the outcome.
3. Persons with disabilities have the right to request reasonable accommodations to participate in the informal hearing process.